In today’s economy a primary concern for most taxpayers is the increased property values resulting in subsequent tax increases. ARS can help you analyze the issues and determine the accuracy of your property tax assessment.
At ARS we provide the following services to our real estate consulting clients:
• Analyze and review the assessor’s records in order to determine how and on what basis your real property is being assessed
• Analyze property values for errors
• Develop ARS’ opinion of market value
• Present our documentation supporting an assessment reduction to the assessor or revaluation firm
• Appeal excessive tax assessment to appropriate authority to assist the client in establishing the lowest possible assessment
• Appeal to subsequent level, usually judicial, if appropriate
Deadlines drive the property tax calendar and our staff of property tax consultants has an extensive knowledge of state and local jurisdiction statutes enabling us to work effectively in virtually any community in the United States.
To qualify an assignment, we will need:
• Most recent real estate tax bill
• Basic building information, such as building size, land area, etc.
• If property is leased, a copy of the lease
• If property is leased, an income and expense statement